We have developed this organization to bring all Drone Enthusiasts together to have a common forum to share knowledge, technologies, and information related to all things “DRONE”. Our organization is based in the Philippines in the Clark Economic Zone in Angeles City, Pampanga. We were established in 2017 by the Director Manuel Morales, Board of Director for Clark International Airport and a former pilot of the Philippine Air force, as well as Chief Pilot for My Drone Services.
Philippine Drone Association
(Bylaws, Membership, Goals, Contact Details)
1 Chairman, Board of Directors
The Chairman of the Board shall be elected by the members of the board during annual general meeting of the association. The elected Chairman shall have a term of one (1) year subject to re-election as the members of the Board of Directors may vote during the annual general meeting election of Board officers. In case of formal resignation or permanent incapacity of the Chairman to perform his/her duties, the Vice Chairman shall assume the vacated post upon formal approval of the members of the Board of Directors. Any decision on major undertakings by the association that the Chairman approves must have a formal concurrence of at least fifty percent (50%) of the incumbent members of the Board of Directors. In the same manner, all issues concerning the association that requires board decision must be voted upon by the majority members of the Board of Directors. In case of tie in the number of votes, the Chairman shall break the tie by casting his vote on the said issue.
The Chairman of the Board shall also act as the President of the association who will take charge of the day to day functions of the association.
2 Members, Board of Directors
A member of the Board of Directors acts as decision maker of the association in accordance with his/her knowledge and experience. The board’s final decision is subject to the concurrence of the majority members of the board. Any of such decision must be indicated in the minutes of the meeting duly approved and signed by the members of the Board of Directors present during the meeting. The total number of the members of the Board of Directors shall be at the maximum of seven (7) persons coming from the regular members of the association. New or additional membership on the Board of Directors’ position must be voted upon by the incumbent members of the board and the ‘majority rule’ again applies for this purpose.
3 Regular members of the association
Any person involved in drone operation such as, but not limited to hobbyists, professionals, search & rescue operators, security workers, manufacturing, and suppliers may join as regular members of the Philippine Drone Association (PDA) provided they satisfy the following criterion and requirements:
a). must be of legal age
b). submission of electronically filled-up information sheet
c). submission of police or NBI clearance (electronic or hard copy)
Registration at Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) as certified drone controller is highly encouraged to all members and one of the pre-requisites to be able to qualify as a candidate for Board of Director’s position if there is a vacancy that needs to be filled.
4 Honorary members/affiliates
Any representative of drone industry stakeholder such as in manufacturing and distribution may be accepted as honorary member of the association provided that written endorsement from their company is submitted. Institutions related to the drone industry business may be accepted as “affiliates” of the Philippine Drone Association (PDA).
1 Mode of operation
Philippine Drone Association (PDA) conducts the following activities related to drone operation:
a). Seminars or symposia for drone flying safety and observance of CAAP rules and regulations on Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA)
b). Drone show and exhibits
c). Drone competitions
d). Education and information activities
2 Scope of operation
All activities related to drone operations as mentioned above shall be performed only within the territorial jurisdiction of the Republic of the Philippines. In any case that an invitation from a foreign country to provide show and exhibit or participate in an international competition will be received by the association, the Board of Directors will decide on such matter taking into consideration the attendees and the expenses involved.
1. All meetings and activities of the Philippine Drone Association (PDA) shall be centralized to the board secretary for consolidation, distribution or dissemination. The website may be used for that purpose.
2. Any expenses that may be incurred in administrative services of the association shall not be taken from the members of the association. In the same manner, travel, operational and miscellaneous expenses of the Philippine Drone Association (PDA) officers will not be shouldered by the members of association.
1. No membership fee shall be collected from the members of PDA
2. The secretary of the association may collect a reasonable amount of money for the procurement of individual Identification Card (ID) with a corresponding official receipt from the manufacturer of the ID card.
3. ID cards will have a one-year expiration period from the date of issue.
1. Establish wholesome and regulatory-compliant drone flying in the Philippines
2. Provide drone shows, exhibitions and competitions for educational and entertainment purposes
4. Conduct lectures, seminars and symposia for further development of the drone industry in the Philippines
5. Provide basic and advance drone training to all members of the association
OFFICE ADDRESS & CONTACT DETAILS
The office of the Philippine Drone Association is located at #33 IJK, Philexcel Business Park, M. A. Roxas Highway, Clark Special Economic Zone, Pampanga.
The website is www.philippinedroneassociation.org
Email: [email protected]